Protecting People with Medicare
A Quality of Care Review is a review of quality of care concerns originating from beneficiary or beneficiary representative complaints or referrals from other organizations, or identified in the course of other QIO activities, which takes into account the following:
- The beneficiary’s medical condition(s)/disease(s)/illness(es), the treatment plans provided by providers and practitioners, and the health outcomes derived from the execution of these treatment plans;
- The appropriateness of transfers, discharges, terminations of service, and/or readmissions;
- Any negative consequences of care and services provided to the beneficiary, including adverse events and Medicare “never events” or other health-care associated conditions;
- Whether the health care met professionally recognized standards of care for services covered under Medicare including dually eligible beneficiaries;
- Whether care was provided in the most appropriate setting;
- Whether care was reasonable and medically necessary.
Are you a Medicare beneficiary or family member who has a concern about the quality of healthcare you or a loved one has received?
VIMI has physicians and other healthcare experts that are paid by Medicare to check and improve the care Medicare beneficiaries receive. Livanta, LLC, the Area 1 BFCC-QIO reviews complaints about the quality of care given by:
- Inpatient hospitals
- Hospital outpatient departments
- Hospital emergency rooms
- Skilled nursing facilities
- Home health agencies
- Private Fee-for Service plans
- Ambulatory surgical centers
File a Complaint:
Follow the instructions on the forms below to describe your complaint. Please call Livanta, LLC the Area 1 BFCC-QIO at 1-866-815-5440.
Form CMS 10287 (English)
Form CMS 10287 (Spanish)
To file a complaint, please call Livanta, LLC the Area 1 BFCC-QIO at 1-866-815-5440.